While on the road, I found myself driving behind a pickup truck FULL to the brim with peaches! It made me smile, just all those peahces piled into a Dodge -- I wanted to go climb in there and play, like one of those ball-filled rooms in a fast-food playhouse.

Then wouldn't you know, the guy got off at this exit:

the famous peach-butt of the south! Ah, Gaffney, I love your looming badonkadonk in the sky...
Oh yes, and in other news, while in Raleigh, I finally bought myself a digital piano -- long-awaited! I've been sans-piano since January, and I'd had my eye on a Roland for a long time, but I learned that Korg is really trying to out-compete Roland, so you can get a lot more functionality for the price and the quality is almost indistinuighable. (Oh yeah, and this is random, but if anyone is looking to buy music stuff, Sam Ash Music is a great place -- the Korg 350 lists for $2400 and I got it for $1200!!) I love this thing -- it sounds and feels fantastic and I can play with headphones (my neighbors will be thankful) and plug it right into a computer to record, etc. So excited! Now if I can just become proficient on my guitar, cello and accordion, I could lay down some sick tracks! :)

3 comments:
Oh my gosh, I know -- I'm sorry. The timing ended up really sucking... I thought I was going to have time on Monday to catch up with you, at least for lunch, but then I ended up waiting for this piano-liason guy to call me, and he didn't call till 4:00 after all, so I could have met you, but didn't think I could... ugh! Hopefully next time will be less rushed.
Yay! Congratulations on the musical investment! Did you visit Louise? How's she doing?
Ok, well I still love you for now. But don't make me put you on notice.
Post a Comment