Tuesday, October 31, 2006

4 8 15 16 23 42

Something else I've been doing this past month is vegging out in front of my TV. Most of you know I'm not a big TV watcher (with the important exception of HBO, of course). On a night with nothing to do, you'd most likely find me reading in the bathtub. That was, until my co-worker gave me the first season DVD set of LOST. I had always heard this was a good show, but somehow never ended up watching it. I don't have TIVO or anything, so its hard for me to be able to watch a show at the same time every week.

Anyway, suffice to say, I'm pretty hooked. Of coruse, its not the most realistic of plot-lines, but its great entertainment. I blew through the first season and arrived at work today to the second season DVDs sitting on my chair -- hooray! Chilly nights under blankets on the couch and an endless supply of riveting (albeit, a little over-dramatic) TV to watch, and where do the nights go? :)

Anyone else out there a fan? If so, remember I'm behind (and have been trying to avoid seeing current episodes!) so I don't even know what the title of this blog means yet -- please don't spoil it for me! I've already been asked the Jack vs Sawyer question... but I think I'll reserve full judgement till after the next season!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

omg, we are obsessed with lost. its so good. i'm glad that you're now a convert!

Anonymous said...

Yay Wen - Welcome to the Club! Its the only TV show I watch and I'm hooked!!! Glad you've turned into a Lost Geek too!

E-rock said...

I've been DVR-ing it and have caught a few episodes. I'm not sure how much longer I'll stick with it, though. I'd be more into it if I felt like there was some grand scheme or revelation behind it. Instead, it feels like the writers just make up some crazy shit as they go along and don't havy any real plan. Evangeline Lilly is pretty fantastic, though.

peppersnaps said...

I know what you mean. But actually, I watched a bit of the bonus DVD and there was an interview with the writers where they were saying how they had figured out the first 5-6 seasons already, in terms of underlying direction/grand scheme, etc. But it does seem to get a little crazier each episode.