I spent a lot of time outside this past weekend cause the weather was gorgeous. One of my walks got my lost in the back streets of Virginia Highlands and I ended up at Piedmont Park. I thought I'd sit for a while and read... but I entered the park and was right by this guy incessantly cracking whips in the air! And then he'd kind of do these moves with it, like it was a baton or something -- throwing it up and catching it, rolling it off different parts of his body, etc. I was intrigued, but also quickly annoyed by the loud, echoing *crack* that was reverberating through the park every 5 seconds. I gave up on reading after about 15 minutes.
WTF? I've never seen this before. Maybe he's in the circus or something... a lion trainer? That or he's into some serious S&M. Given the location, I'm not sure which is more likely! I should have asked him what the deal was. Instead, I sneakily snapped this shot and left.

On the way back home, I walked through the Carter Center, which I've never actually been to even though I live so close. The grounds are really beautiful! Waterfalls and a lake and big fields... I'm glad I ventured in!

4 comments:
I'm going with lion tamer because pink and lime green whips are likely to keep the animals laughing so hard that they are harmless. ;)
I think that guy really just wants to be in colorguard (ok, we didn't have ribbons, but we did have a whole array of other crap like that. hoops! rifles! flags! pompoms!). Or to compete in rhythmic gymnastics.
that guy was my dad...I told him to at the very least were a shirt when he does his gay whip routine but he insists that his triceps are an integral part of the demonstration. Sorry about that.
Sounds like he should take the show to the next Folsom Street Fair.
Wendy, we are taking over your blog. ;-p
Post a Comment