
My God, the man was truly a genius. I've been really feeling his music lately, and have been floored by the beauty in some of his lyrics:
He drowned in a freak accident in 1997 -- no drugs, not a suicide. Such a huge loss to the music world. Apparently, he likely suffered from bipolar disorder... yet another example of the fine line that often exists between psychiatric imbalance and artistic genius.Looking out the door i see the rain fall upon the funeral mourners
Parading in a wake of sad relations as their shoes fill up with water......Lonely is the room, the bed is made, the open window lets the rain in
Burning in the corner is the only one who dreams he had you with him
My body turns and yearns for a sleep that will never comeIt's never over, my kingdom for a kiss upon her shoulder
It's never over, all my riches for her smiles when i slept so soft against her
It's never over, all my blood for the sweetness of her laughter
It's never over, she's the tear that hangs inside my soul forever----------------------------------------
That brings us to who we need
A place where we can save
A heart that beats as
Both siphon and reservoir
You’re a woman, I’m a calf
You’re a window, I’m a knife
We come together
Making chance in the starlightMeet me tomorrow night
Or any day you want
I have no right to wonder
Just how, or whenYou know the meaning fits
There’s no relief in this
I miss my beautiful friend---------------------------------------
In the half light
Where we both stand
In the half light
You saw me as I amI am a railroad track abandoned
With the sunset
Forgetting
I ever happened
That I ever happened---------------------------------------
I’ve loved so many times and I’ve drowned them all
From their coral graves, they rise up when darkness falls
With their bones they’ll scratch the window, I hear them call

1 comment:
My sister knew him. Met him when he was in Cincy for a concert. I don't think he had been "discovered" yet. They emailed back and forth for a short time before she met her future husband. She said he was a really down-to-earth nice guy.
Just a bit of trivia, I suppose.
Post a Comment