Thursday, February 09, 2006

My cool friends

Isn't it cool when you've known someone for a really long time, and you can see how they've changed and progressed over the years? A couple of my good friends from high school, Laura and Tom (who are now a couple) have pretty much the highest combined IQ you can imagine... they were always in the super-advanced science stuff. But they were also really down-to-earth and caring, funny, insightful people. I thought they'd end up as quantum physicists or something. But after college, they moved out to Oregon and became wood-workers! They make the most amazing furniture -- I'm talking gallery stuff. Check out their work on their website. Its so cool to see people follow their dreams and develop new talents!

I went to visit them out in Oregon 2 summers ago and asked them for a little lesson. I took some scraps of walnut they had lying around (I think it was walnut) and we drew up these little plans for a guitar-hanger thingy... They helped me make it with all the fancy saws and sanders and such. So fun! Its now on my wall in my new place.




They live in Philadelphia now -- Laura went back to school for physical therapy and Tom continues to do wood-working. Awesome peeps! :) Oh, and I don't mean to imply by the title that these are my ONLY cool friends. You know you all rock.

1 comment:

Stan said...

That's beautiful. Uh... Hey Wendy, nice wood. :P