Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Floating cars and other stuff

OK, now begins a barrage of randoms posts, partially because there's stuff I've been meaning to throw on here, but mostly because I want to move Britney's freakish head off my page as quickly as possible.

First off, this is just cool. There's this incredible sculptor dude in Venice, Livio De Marchi -- he sculpts really cool things out of wood, like cars. (!) Here's a few of his pieces:







I think the last one is my favorite. I just think that's so original -- I would never think to carve something out of wood that is normally so fluid and pliable. Genius.

Another thing I've been meaning to post about is this website. It started in July of 2006, and touts itself as "The #1 Free People Search and Public Information Search Engine". There's lots of personal info on there, for nearly everyone -- previous and present addresses, phone numbers, date of birth, you can even get social security numbers for a price. I checked, and I'm on there, and so are several other folks I checked into. In one way, its cool cause you can find people, but in another, kinda scary, cause, well, people can find you. Apparently, you can be removed by sending them an email. I believe I did this several months ago, and some of my entries were removed, but there are still some up there. Just FYI...

2 comments:

PushStart Kitchen said...

Just think, all of this time I've spent searching for myself and all I needed to do was check out this freakish web page. I was wondering what my address was was from 9 years ago.

E-rock said...

Very cool art. That search site isn't very up to date, though. Five past addresses for me (two are actually my parents' addresses that I never lived at), but not the two most recent addresses.