Monday, March 05, 2007

Dr. Backes!

Congrats to E-rock, who successfully defended his dissertation this morning and is officially DONE DONE DONE with grad school! He did a great job performing, presenting and defending some complicated and elegant work, and now its time to celebrate. This particular defense truly marks the end of an era for those of us who shared in the... the... well, I don't really have a word here. Let's just say, the "experience" of our lab and all that came with it. We all thought many times that the day would never come for each of us, but now it's OVER. For all of us!

HALLELU! Bring on the red-headed sluts! (And yes, for clarity's sake, I do mean the drinks, although what Eric may choose to do to celebrate later is his prerogative.) :)

1 comment:

E-rock said...

Thank you, Dr. P-snaps. I would just like to clarify, for the benefit of those who were not present, that I was the bearded Chinese man in the picture, NOT the creepy Village People-esque guy who is somehow able to convey his inability to dance even in a still photograph.